Coe-Fay-Mercer House

c. 1854
403 S. Washington Street (southeast corner of intersection of First and Washington Streets)

George W. Coe purchased the land from Daniel Pratt in March, 1850 for $75.00 He sold the property to Adelia Swift for $1500 in 1853; therefore, it is thought that he built the house. William Fay bought the property in 1855 for $600 "and other considerations." The Mercer family has restored the home. Photographed in 1935 by Historic American Buildings Survey.



Prattville16v13W