Create PDF

Miles-Barnes-Ellis House

c. 1850
115 South Court Street

The original owner is thought to have been Benjamin Miles, who in 1842 operated the store below the Methodist Church. The second owner was Captain W. L. Ellis, superintendent of the frame and brush department of the Pratt Gin Factory. He called the back room of the house the "boardroom" because it is paneled with beautiful imported paneling. Former out buildings such as the original kitchen and laundry house have been attached to enlarge this structure. One of the few remaining houses associated with the mid-19th century Pratt industrial complex.



Character Trait for September

IACC Eagle LogoResilience
Recovering from adversity.

Click the trait to see this month's Character newsletter (and a list of previous editions). For a list of all traits, or to view past newsletters, please visit the Prattville-Autauga Character Coalition website. To subscribe, please use our E-newsletter subscriber feature and be sure to "check" Character Coalition when completing the brief form.

Prattville16v13W