Moncrief Building

1910-1920

Commercial buildings consisting of a trio of brick units. The building on the corner of Tichnor & Court Streets is the oldest, built in 1910. Striped awnings once shade upper windows and lower display areas. Adjacent unit built in 1913 to house the hardware section of the store. The second story addition was added in 1915. The third building is one story and was added in 1920 as a two unit store. The street level porch with cast iron supports across all three facades was also added at that time as was the one story warehouse extension in the back. The upper floor once housed professional offices, Masons, Woodmen of the World and the county health office. It is one of the most important components of early 20th century commercial streetscape in the district.



Character Trait for November

IACC Eagle LogoWisdom
Seeing and responding to life situations from a perspective that transcends current circumstances.

Click the trait to see this month's Character newsletter (and a list of previous editions). For a list of all traits, or to view past newsletters, please visit the Prattville-Autauga Character Coalition website. To subscribe, please use our E-newsletter subscriber feature and be sure to "check" Character Coalition when completing the brief form.

Prattville16v13W