Red Arrow Hardware

c. 1860
172 West Main Street (look down the alley)

Formerly single entrance at the front led into cotton storage area surrounded by open shed. Storage yard eliminated by late 1930s and rebuilt as a commercial unit with display windows introduced into the original facade. Built by Daniel Pratt as cotton warehouse for Pratt Manufacturing Company. During the 1850s-1870s, cotton was hand-trucked across the street to the picker house.



Prattville16v13W