Spigener House

Possible pre-1836 nucleus
346 South Washington Street

Possibly the "four room cottage" referred to by Shadrack Mims (History of Autauga County) as the one built by Joseph May, from whom Daniel Pratt purchased the Prattville townsite in 1836. Very significant as perhaps the oldest structure in Prattville. Renovated at least twice: present main door dates from c. 1850; present roof, porch and windows are early 20th century.



Prattville16v13W