The Engineering Department provides engineering and infrastructure maintenance services for the City of Prattville. The individuals who devote their time and energy to this Department are committed to making Prattville a better, safer and the preferred community in which to live. It is a fundamental goal of the City of Prattville Engineering Department to provide citizens with a better quality of life through improved public infrastructure.
The Engineering Department provides excellent engineering and surveying services for the City of Prattville which include:
- Providing technical assistance and advice to the Mayor, City Council and Planning Commission.
- Reviewing and inspecting all new subdivision developments from planning stage to construction completion.
- Reviewing and inspecting all site plans for commercial, industrial and multi-family residential developments from planning to completion.
- Reviewing all engineering plans prepared by engineering consultants, including designs for roadway, drainage and sanitary sewer improvements.
- Providing boundary and land surveying services for City-owned properties and facilities.
- Assisting the Mayor in devising creative options and innovative solutions for addressing municipal infrastructure issues in the most cost-effective manner.
- Providing building inspections.
- Serving as contact between the City and utilities and providing information as needed to the public.
- Reviewing and maintaining traffic control signals and signage.
- Maintaining informational signage along City streets.
Report traffic signals out, missing or damaged street signs »
To report street lights out, contact Alabama Power Company »