Welcome to the City of Prattville Human Resources Department web page. Information is available here about our services, benefits, and employment opportunities within the City of Prattville, Alabama.
Our mission is to serve as a strategic partner to City of Prattville departments in attracting, retaining, and developing the most suitable candidates for public service and providing a full range of centralized, comprehensive human resource management services for the City and its employees. Employees will be provided the same concern, respect and caring attitude within the City of Prattville that they are expected to share externally with every citizen.
We will do this by:
- Ensuring the human resources department staff is given the tools, training and motivation to operate in the most efficient and effective manner.
- Promoting and recruiting the best qualified people, recognizing and encouraging the value of diversity in the workplace.
- Providing a competitive salary and benefits package and developing the full potential of our workforce by providing training and development for career enhancement.
- Providing a work atmosphere that is safe, healthy, and secure and conscious of long-term family and community goals.
- Establishing, administering and effectively communicating sound policies, rules and practices that treat employees with dignity and equality while maintaining compliance with all Federal, State, and Local Laws.
The City currently has 400 full and part time classified and unclassified employees. The Human Resources Department’s services include a full range of human resource functions including:
- Recruitment, Testing and Certification
- Job Evaluation and Analysis
- Payroll and Benefits Administration
- Salary Classification
- Employee Performance Evaluation
- Employment Records Management
- Workers Compensation Administration
- Unemployment Administration
- Compliance Monitoring
- Employee Orientations
- Exit Interviews
- Promoting fair and equitable application of personnel policies
- Assisting employees with work related problems
Human Resources Facts:
- The City of Prattville draws approximately 1,500 applicants for employment each year.
- The Human Resources Department oversees Payroll and Benefits for 400 Full, Part-time and Seasonal employees.