Old Prattvillage

Old Prattvillage was established in 1982. Old Prattvillage occupies the first block of First Street in Downtown Prattville, Alabama, a part of the land purchased by Daniel Pratt from Joseph May in December, 1835.

In May, 1982, a civic need and a passion for preservation led to the formation of Old Prattvillage. The 1840 Mims Hotel was in danger of being moved out of the Daniel Pratt Historic District or destroyed. A group of houses on First Street, though in a dilapidated state of repair, were in a prime location and the property included a vacant lot which would accommodate the beautiful old hotel. Historian Lenore Kirkpatrick and Developer Al Bock saw the need and combined their interests and talents to realize a dream.

Working with the newly formed Prattville Associates, the Autauga County Heritage Association launched a "Save the Mims" campaign and the Mims was saved.

Old Prattvillage is comprised of:

  • Dennison House c. 1880
  • Mims Hotel c. 1840
  • Anthony/Wilkinson c. 1883
  • Two Door Rentals c. 1890
  • Two Door Rentals c. 1890
  • Mill Workers House c. 1880
  • Herrod House c. 1850
  • Mill Foreman's House c. 1915
  • Dunkin Daughters Playhouse 1905
  • Lovie Farrior's c. 1885
  • Miss Annie's c. 1840
  • Chapel c. 1845
  • Fishpond & Summer House
  • Bateman House 1895

All houses are leased for office and business.