FAQs - Overview


Mayor’s Office

How do I arrange for the Mayor to speak at my organization's meeting?

You may submit your request in writing by email. You may also submit a letter. Please mail it to:

City of Prattville
Mayor's Office
101 West Main Street
Prattville, AL 36067

If you have questions or time is an issue, please contact the Mayor's staff at (334) 595-0101.

Will the Mayor issue a proclamation recognizing an individual, organization, or event?

Yes. You may submit your request in writing by email. You may also submit a letter. Please mail it to:

City of Prattville
Mayor's Office
101 West Main Street
Prattville, AL 36067

If you have questions, please contact the Mayor's staff at (334) 595-0101.

How do I schedule an appointment with the Mayor?

You may contact his staff at (334) 595-0101.

City Cemetery

Oak Hill Cemetery – 310 Wetumpka Street
Chapman Cemetery – 450 Water Street

Funerals and Placement of Markers and Memorials

The following procedures will be followed by funeral directors conducting burials and services in the two city cemeteries and by memorial companies placing monuments.


Burials may be conducted after notifying the Mayor's Office. Funeral directors, family or other responsible parties will contact the department to verify burial rights and location. Grave locations will be ground verified and marked by the department and written confirmation returned to the requesting party. (Reference City of Prattville Code of Ordinances, Section 14-1.)

Please contact Taylor Stewart at 334-595-0107 or email  for cemetery lot sales, deed verification, grave marking and other questions. (Our fax line is (334) 361-3608.) The Mayor's Office is located at 101 West Main Street. The department's hours of operation are 8 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday.

The City of Prattville should be notified of planned burials as soon as practical using the Interment Location Form. The form may be submitted in person or by e-mail. The form acknowledging the service date and time and providing grave marking confirmation will be returned to the submitting party.

Grave Marking - Burial

Following receipt of a burial request, marking fee, and verification of ownership, the proper cemetery lot will be marked by city personnel. A representative from the funeral home or the deceased's family may meet with the city personnel at the Mayor's Office or the cemetery to concur with the location. Lots will be marked in the following manner:

  1. Marking flags at the four corners of the lot (colors may vary, but will be noted on the marking confirmation)
  2. All four corners will be bracketed with white marking paint
  3. The name of the deceased will be painted on ground in the center of the lot.

After lots are verified and marked, confirmation will be returned to the requesting party and the funeral director using the Marker Location Form. Graves should not be dug until marking confirmation is received from the City of Prattville.

Memorials and Monuments

Memorials and monuments may not be placed in a City of Prattville cemetery without notifying the Mayor's Office, obtaining written permission, and paying the required $100 marking fee. Contact the Mayor's Office at the numbers listed on this page to obtain permission. (Reference City of Prattville Code of Ordinances, Section 14-5.)

After Hours Contacts

If services or information are required after hours or on the weekends, please contact the following personnel in the order listed. Every effort will be made to accommodate after hours requests.

  1. Mayor Bill Gillespie: 334-391-3948, 334-595-0101 or
  2. Police Department Desk Sergeant: 334-595-0208

General Question or Concerns

General question, comments or concerns about Oak Hill Cemetery or Chapman Cemetery should be directed to the Mayor's Office at the contact numbers listed above.

City Code, Resolutions, Ordinances

How can I obtain copies of Resolutions, Ordinances, or Municipal Code?

The City of Prattville is now providing its Municipal Code online. Copies of adopted Resolutions may be obtained by completing a Request for Public Records form  and submitting that request to the City Clerk within City Hall.


Public Works

Where can I get a copy of the Comprehensive Master Plan?

The most current approved Comprehensive Plan is available on this website in the Planning & Development Department.

Where do I find general information concerning what items Sanitation will collect?

Garbage & Trash Collection Ordinances, Rules & Information. For future reference, this informational brochure is available on the Sanitation Department page.

Where do I find holiday schedules for trash or garbage collection?

Holiday garbage/trash collection schedules are available on the website Calendar, the Holiday Schedule page within the Sanitation Department, and Upcoming Events on the home page.

How do I determine what days my household garbage and residential trash is collected?

There are maps as well as a list of streets available for you to consult in our Sanitation Department pages.

Household Garbage; Residential Trash

How do I report an RV or boat parked in the front yard of a house in my neighborhood?

You may submit a request/work order through our Citizen Helpdesk.

What is the telephone number to the Planning Department?

(334) 595-0500

What can I do about neighbors putting garbage out before collection days?

The Sanitation Department has a form letter that can be dropped off at the address informing them of the policies outlined in the City Ordinance. The Code Enforcement Division of the Police Department can only take action against the resident if they continue to put it out before scheduled pickup days.

If I do not put my garbage out on time, will Sanitation come back by to pick it up?

City Ordinance instructs residents to have garbage out by 7:00 a.m. on collection days. The garbage trucks leave the Sanitation Lot by 7:15 a.m. To prevent garbage from being missed, ensure that it is out on the curb by 7:00 a.m. Depending on the route, the amount of garbage collected, and other factors, collection times may vary.

Every attempt will be made, if time permits, and the truck is still in the neighborhood, to return to your address.  The option of dropping off missed garbage at the Landfill, where they have garbage dumpsters, is still available. Please bring your proof of garbage service (water bill) with you to the landfill.

How do I report a yard or lot that has high weeds or grass?

You may submit a request/work order through our Citizen Helpdesk.

Who can I contact to have my street repaved?

The Engineering Department is responsible for paving and repaving schedules. You may submit a request/work order through our Citizen Helpdesk.

How can I request traffic calming devices?

Speed bumps, speed tables, and speed signs may be requested through our Citizen Helpdesk. The Engineering Department will take and address your request.

How do I connect to the city sewer system?

Please contact our Planning and Development Department at (334) 595-0500, during business hours, and a staff member will assist you.

What do I do in the case of a sewer clog, overflow, or other emergency?

You may contact the Wastewater Department at (334) 361-3627 or (334) 361-3628. Wastewater is staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If it is not an emergency, you may enter your problem into our Citizen Helpdesk system.

How do I report that my neighbor puts grass and limbs into the drainage ditch behind our houses?

You may complete a Citizen Helpdesk request.

Railroad signals keep flashing or the guard arms are stuck at the crossing; no train is in sight.

Please call the non-emergency number, (334) 361-9911, give them your location and as much information as you can. Dispatchers will put the call out to the appropriate personnel.

How much of the sewer line am I responsible for at my residence?

The homeowner is responsible for the lateral (the 4” pipe from the house) all the way to the main line (an 8” or larger pipe).

How do I report storm water flooding or other emergencies?

Please dial 911. Give them your location and as much information as you have available. E911 will dispatch someone to your location.

Why is my sewer bill so high?

Sewer charges are based on the amount of water that is measured at the water meter. The charges are $8.50 for the first 2000 gallons and $2.00 for every 1000 gallons thereafter. Sewer charges are pro-rated April through September when people are watering grass and washing their cars.

Why cant the manhole in my yard be covered up?

City crews must have access to the sewer collection lines for maintenance and inspection.

How often does your sweeper come to my neighborhood?

Our sweepers rotate through sections of our City until each section has been swept and then start over again with the exception of Fridays. Fridays are used to clean downtown and sweep all the major intersections.

Who cuts the medians of the major thoroughfares into and out of our City?

The Urban Management Department cuts the medians, as well as right of ways, of all City streets. (334) 595-0888

Who is in charge of picking up litter on the right of ways of our major thoroughfares?

The Urban Management Department does all litter patrol on City and State thoroughfares. Litter prevention is important. Citizens are encouraged to help by keeping their surroundings litter-free.

Some of my garbage was picked up, but some bags or other items were left. Why?

Sometimes household garbage is mixed in with trash (including shredded paper, cardboard boxes, grass clippings). City garbage is hauled to a transfer station where we pay tipping fees to have it hauled off.  Trash is hauled to the landfill. We make every attempt possible to place as many items in the landfill to keep the cost down. The garbage truck may have left these items for disposal by the trash truck.  Please contact the Sanitation Dept at (334) 595-0888 if you feel something was left that should have been collected on the day in question.

Is the fog, being put out by your mosquito fogger, dangerous to humans?

The material used is very safe even in concentrated form. It is water based and applied by a ULV (Ultra Low Volume) sprayer which atomizes the particles.

What is the Planning Commission? When/where does it meet?

The Prattville Planning Commission is established under Title 11, Chapter 52 of the Code of Alabama, 1975, as amended. The Commission is composed of nine members: the Mayor or the mayor’s designee, a member of the City Council chosen by the Council, an administrative official of the city appointed by the mayor, and six citizens appointed by the mayor. Commission members serve a without compensation. Commission members do not represent specific geographic areas of the city or specific disciplines, but the group usually includes members from a range of backgrounds. While the Planning Commissioners bring a variety of experiences to their roles, they all have a common interest in the public planning and development approval process. For certain matters related to subdivisions, the Commission is the final decision-maker. Subdivisions are submitted in three stages: Sketch, Preliminary and Final. A sketch plan is an overall layout of a subdivision before detailed plans of the subdivision are submitted. During the preliminary plat stage, plans for the subdivision are submitted in detail. At this time, a public hearing is held per state law to receive comment from interested parties. Work on the subdivision cannot begin before approval of the preliminary plat. Final plats are presented after improvements approved at preliminary plat are completed. Lots cannot be sold until the final plat is approved, signed and recorded by the Probate Judge. In all other matters such as zoning and annexation, the Commission serves as an advisory body to the Prattville City Council. The City Council, at another public hearing following the Planning Commission’s meeting, makes the binding decisions on rezoning requests and zoning ordinance changes. The Commission creates a Comprehensive Master Plan for the city. The Prattville Planning Commission meets on the third Thursday of each month at 3:00 pm in Prattville City Hall at 101 West Main Street.

Who is responsible for cleaning the storm drains in front of my house?

The Public Works Department is responsible for storm drains, drop inlets, etc., on all City streets.

Where and when can I drop off trash or garbage?

The Landfill is located on County Road 4, adjacent to the Whetstone Sports Complex. It is open Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Residents can take non-garbage items for drop off there, however, the landfill is now operated by a private waste management company so there may be a charge. For information about the landfill, please call JB Waste at (334) 365-4635, Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

The City also has trucks at the Recycling Center on Saturdays (only). Garbage and trash can be dropped off between the hours of 7:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. on Saturdays only at 530 Doster Road. Residents must also bring a copy of their current water bill showing proof of sanitation services.

How do I request storm water, street maintenance or drainage improvements?

Please visit our Citizen Helpdesk and enter your information there. The ticket will go to the Street Department and be addressed by their staff.

When can I expect my neighborhood to be sprayed for mosquitoes?

Each neighborhood is set on a rotating schedule. Weather conditions may alter the schedule so exact days cannot be set for each section of the city.

What is the telephone number to the Landfill?

The telephone number is (334) 365-4635.

When does the City start fogging for mosquitoes?

We start spraying in late April.

Who is responsible for pot holes?

The Street Department is responsible for pot holes on City streets; 334-595-0550. State highways are the responsibility of the State Department of Transportation. ALDOT may be reached at 1-800-505-1269.

Who is responsible for the ditch that runs beside my house?

Some drainage ditches are private while others have an easement for maintenance by the City. You may contact the Urban Management Department at (334) 595-0888 to find out which applies to you.

When can I expect the street sweeper in my neighborhood?

The City is divided into sections and are swept on a rotating basis until all sections are swept. Fridays are reserved for all major intersections and the downtown area.

Where is the Recycling Center and what will they accept?

The Recycling Center is located at 530 Doster Rd. (across from Prattville Junior High School and directly across from Mac Gray Softball Complex).

New Hours:
Monday: 7:00 am - 3:00 pm 
Tuesday: 7:00 am - 3:00 pm
Wednesday: 7:00 am - 3:00 pm
Thursday: 7:00 am - 3:00 pm 
Friday: 7:00 am - 3:00 pm.  
Saturday: 7:00 am - 3:00 pm 


Click to learn more about the Recycle Center.

For additional information about recycling, contact the Sanitation Department, Monday-Friday from 7:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. at (334) 595.0888.

What is the Board of Zoning Adjustment? When and where does the Board meet?

The Prattville Board of Zoning Adjustment is established under §11-52-80 of the Code of Alabama, 1975, as amended. The Board’s five members are appointed to staggered 3-year terms by the Prattville City Council. The Board’s seats two alternates that may serve in place of a regular member. The Board hears appeals in matters related to enforcement of the Prattville Zoning Ordinance. The Board hears and decides 1) appeals where an applicant contents there is an error in a zoning decision rendered by the Prattville Planning Department, 2) requests for uses-on-appeal in certain zoning districts, and 3) where justified by a hardship requests for variances from the rules and standards in the Prattville Zoning Ordinance.

The Prattville Board of Zoning Adjustment meets on the second Tuesday of each month at 4:00 pm in Prattville City Hall at 101 West Main Street.

Why was my trash not picked up when the rest of the neighborhood was collected?

If a vehicle is blocking the trash truck from pulling up beside the trash, the boom truck operator is unable to use the boom to pick up the trash without the risk of damaging the vehicle. If trash is left for any reason, a Sanitation Foreman will drop off a letter explaining why the trash was left.

What do I do if a traffic signal is malfunctioning?

Please call 911 and give them the location as well as the issue. E911 will dispatch a call to the Police Department for traffic control while the Engineering Department addresses the problem.

How do I report a traffic signal operation or timing issue?

You may enter your problem into our Citizen Helpdesk system. A work order will be generated and addressed by the Engineering Department.

What is the Historic Preservation Commission? When and where do they meet?

Answer: The Prattville Historic Preservation Commission is established by Ordinance 2002-024 under the authority of Title 11, Chapter 68 of the Code of Alabama, 1975, as amended. The Commission’s seven members are appointed by the City Council and serve three year staggered terms. The Commission is charged by state and local law with 1) preserving and protecting buildings, structures and sites of historic and architectural value in the city historic district, 2) preparing surveys of historic properties in Prattville and surrounding areas, 3) recommending buildings, structures, sites and districts for designation as historic properties or districts, 4) restoring and preserving historic properties acquired by the city, 5) promoting acquisition of facade and conservation easements by the city, 6) developing and conducting educational programs on historic projects and districts and on historic preservation subjects, 7) making such investigations and studies of matters relating to historic preservation in the city or the Commission deems necessary and appropriate, and 8) investigating, surveying and processing nominations of local properties to the National Register of Historic Places. The Commission also issues Certificates of Appropriateness for alterations, additions or demolition of structures and sites in the Prattville Historic District.

The Prattville Historic Preservation Commission meets on the fourth Thursday of each month at 4:30 p.m. in Prattville City Hall at 101 West Main Street.

How do I request additional street sign or traffic control sign?

You may enter your problem into our Citizen Helpdesk system. A work order will be generated and addressed by the Engineering Department.

How do I report a street light outage?

Please visit the Alabama Power street light outage page on their website. Alabama Power is responsible for street lights.

Where are agendas for the different Planning meetings?

Agendas for the three boards staffed by the Prattville Planning Department (Board of Zoning Adjustment, Planning Commission, and Historic Preservation Commission) are available in the Planning Department office at 102 West Main Street approximately one week prior to the scheduled meeting. Agendas are also available under the Planning Department page on this website. Official decision, orders and minutes for the three boards are generally available in the Planning Department office or online following the next regularly scheduled board meeting.

How do I report a street sign missing or that it needs repair?

You may enter your problem into our Citizen Helpdesk system. A work order will be generated and addressed by the Engineering Department.

How do I find the zoning for a parcel or lot in the City of Prattville?

Official zoning determinations for property located in the Prattville corporate limits are available by contacting the Prattville Planning Department at (334) 361-3613. Determinations are issued in writing on property that can be verified by county tax parcel identification or legal description.

What type of construction or activity requires a permit from the City of Prattville?

In general, any alteration to a residential, commercial or industrial structure located in the City of Prattville or the three mile building jurisdiction, other than basic maintenance or painting, requires a permit issued by the Planning Department. As review processes and times, required inspections, and fees vary depending on the nature and complexity of the project, please contact the Planning Department at (334) 361-3613 for detailed information.

How can I determine if property is located in the city limits or the Prattville police jurisdiction?

The Prattville Planning Department GIS Division can provide city limits or other geographic determinations based on an address, parcel ID, or legal description. You may call (334) 595-0500 for this information.

How do I obtain an address for property located in the City of Prattville or Autauga County?

Addresses for new or renovated properties and structures are issued by the Prattville Planning Department. Requests for an address are made on forms available in the Planning Department New Address Request page. Address for property located outside the Prattville city limits are issued by the Autauga County E911 Board. The E911 Board may be contacted at (344) 365-8911.

How do I obtain a map of Prattville?

Paper and digital maps in various standard formats are available for purchase from the Prattville Planning Department GIS Division. Custom digital formats or paper prints are available upon request. You may email Karen Jones.

Where is the Planning Department located?

The Planning & Development Department is located in the City Hall Annex, at 102 West Main Street, across the street from City Hall.

Municipal Court, Tickets, Fines

How much is my ticket if I received it from a State Trooper in Autauga County?

Please call (334) 358-6800 and they will be able to give you that information.

How do I determine the cost of a traffic ticket?

If a Prattville Police Officer issued the ticket, please consult Defendant Instructions within the Municipal Court section of this website. If you have additional questions, you may contact our Municipal Court at (334) 361-3619, 361-3620, or 361-3621.

Can I pay my ticket online or by phone?

You may pay your ticket online through alapay.com. You may call 1-877-252-7294 to pay your ticket over the phone.

How may I contact the Municipal Court Department?

Municipal Court may be reached at (334) 361-3619, 361-3620, or 361-3621. You may also email the Chief Magistrate.

What is the mailing address for Municipal Court?

Prattville Municipal Court
101 West Main Street
Prattville, AL 36067

What’s the number to the Department of Public Safety and where is it located?

Phone: (334) 242-4400. They are located at 301 S. Ripley Street, Montgomery, Alabama 36104.

Where do I go to make payments if I have an arrangement with Autauga County?

Private Probation Services (PPS) is located at 1028 East Main Street. Their phone number is (334) 358-3348.

Where do I pay a ticket that I received in Autaugaville?

Autaugaville Municipal Court
P.O. Box 237
Autaugaville, AL 36003
Phone: (334) 365-9335

Where do I pay a ticket given to me by a deputy?

If you received the ticket in Autauga County, please pay the ticket at the Autauga County Courthouse at 134 North Court Street in downtown Prattville.

Where do I pay a ticket given to me by a State Trooper?

If you received the ticket in Autauga County, please pay the ticket at the Autauga County Courthouse at 134 North Court Street in downtown Prattville.

Where is Municipal Court located and what are the operating hours?

Municipal Court is open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Municipal Court is located inside City Hall at 101 West Main Street. If you enter the front entrance of City Hall, take the right hallway. You will see the counter/window on your right.

Where do I go to make payments if I have an arrangement with Municipal Court?

Judicial Correction Services (JCS)
1510 South Memorial Drive
Prattville, AL 36067
Phone: (334) 361-6676

Where’s Private Probation Services (PPS) located?

(358-3348) 1028 E. Main Street- this is where you go if you are making payments for the Autauga County Courthouse.

Where’s Judicial Correction Services (JCS) located?

(361-6676) 1510 South Memorial Highway - This is where you go if you are making partial payments for the Prattville Municipal Court.

Human Resources, Employment

Can I fax my completed application to Human Resources?

No, we do not accept faxed or paper applications any longer. You may apply online on this website, under the Human Resources Department, for positions which are currently open.

Do I have to complete a separate application for each position for which I am interested?

Yes, you must apply separately for each position in which you are interested. The online application process is available to you in the Human Resources section of this website.

Can I submit an application for a position that is not currently open?

No, but you can fill out a job interest card, in the Human Resources Department on our website. When a position becomes open under one of the categories you have checked, you will receive an email inviting you to go to the website to view the position and apply.

Are there currently any job openings with the City of Prattville?

City of Prattville job openings are listed on the Job Opportunities page in the Human Resources section of this website.

How may I check the status of my application?

Applications for employment are good for one year from the date of receipt in the Human Resources Department. Applicants chosen for an interview who are not selected for the position will receive a letter from the Human Resources Department.

How do I obtain an employment application form?

You may access the online application process here. You may also complete the online process at one of our employment stations in City Hall at 101 West Main Street in downtown Prattville.

City Bid List, Surplus Equipment

How do I get placed on the City bid list?

Please submit the name of your business with specific information regarding the services you provide or products you carry. You may submit your request by email to the City Clerk's Office, fax to 334-361-3608, or if you prefer, you may send your request on your company letterhead addressed to the City Clerk’s Office, 101 West Main Street, Prattville, AL 36067.

How do I find what surplus the City has available for purchase?

The City Council determines how such property will be disposed of, whether it be through GovDeals.com or through a local auction. Whenever the City Council passes an ordinance to surplus property, that information will be listed in the Prattville Progress newspaper as public notification of the sale.

Schools, Board of Education, County Services

What is the telephone number to the _________ School?

There is a list of schools and all of their contact information in the Residents section of this website.


Where do I pay my property taxes?

The Autauga County Revenue/Reappraisal Office handles the assessment of property and the collection of property taxes. That office is located at 135 North Court Street, Prattville, Alabama 36067. They can also be contacted at (334) 358-6789.

How much is the City of Prattville's sales tax? How is it broken down?

Sales tax information is available on the Sales Tax page of the Finance Section of this website.

Who collects City sales taxes?

The City of Prattville is self-administered (collect our own taxes) and the taxes should be submitted to:

The City of Prattville
P.O. Box 680190
Prattville, AL 36068

You should send in your sales tax application with your first sales tax remittance.

How do I set up a sales tax account?

The sales tax application and sales tax remittance forms can be found in the Finance Department section of this website. The City of Prattville is self-administered (collect our own taxes) and the taxes should be submitted to:

The City of Prattville
P.O. Box 680190
Prattville, AL 36068

You should send in your sales tax application with your first sales tax remittance.

Recreational, Cultural, Educational Activities

How may I find out more information about the Fountain City Arts Festival?

The Fountain City Arts Festival is an annual event. Information about the upcoming year's happenings are available on the event page. If you have additional questions or require more information, please do not hesitate to call Special Events at (334) 358-0297.

What is Cultural Arts?

Cultural Arts oversees Way Off Broadway Theatre, Prattville Page Turners (book discussion group), Community Chorus, Prattauga Art Guild, Prattville Pops, and the Prattville Creative and Performing Arts Council. This office may be reached at (334) 358-0297.

Are there activities for senior adults?

Yes. The City operates the Lewis Gillespie Senior Center. It is located at 332 Doster Road. You may call (334) 361-3697 to speak with staff members. Information about the program and its offerings are available in the Senior Adults section of Leisure Services on this website.

Where is the Leisure Services office located and what is the telephone number?

The main office for Leisure Services is located at 424 South Northington Street. They can be reached at (334) 361-3640.

How may I participate in a parade?

You may download parade registration forms in the Special Events section of this website. If you are unable to print or need assistance, you may call Special Events at (334) 358-0297 or come by the office at 203 West 4th Street. They are located inside the Cultural Arts Center.

How can I become a member of one of the groups offered by Cultural Arts?

You may contact Cultural Arts at (334) 358-0297 to acquire the contact information of the President of the group in which you are interested.

What recreation programs does the City provide?

The Prattville Department of Leisure Services manages a vast array of youth, adult, senior adult, sports and community-wide programs. All of these sports programs, classes, and events can be accessed in the Leisure Services section under Departments. You may also access this information on the home page in "Leisure Activities".

Who manages the Youth Baseball, Youth Football, Youth Softball and the BMX Track?

Dixie Baseball and Prattville Girls Softball leagues are parent-run programs. The boards for these programs are comprised of a group of parents. Each board is responsible for the process of selecting teams, selecting all-stars, scheduling games and setting the dates for the season. The individual leagues receive the money from the registration fees collected in order to fund their leagues.

The YMCA, the Youth Bears, and the Youth Cats all manage football programs. The Youth Bears and Youth Cats are managed by parents. For answers to your questions about these programs, please call the YMCA or the president of either the Youth Bears or the Youth Cats. The City provides facilities for these groups to play as well as daily upkeep on the facilities.

The BMX track is owned and operated by the National Bicycle League. There is a board of directors who oversee the operation and the maintenance of the track. In order to utilize the track, you must join their association.

What are the hours of the Gillespie Center?

Monday – Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 4:45 p.m.

How old do you have to be to participate in programs at the Gillespie Center?

Programs at the Gillespie Senior Center are open to anyone aged 50 and older. However, Senior Meals are provided to those aged 60 and older.

How much is lunch at the Gillespie Center?

A suggested donation of $1.50.

When are City Parks open to the Public?

Parks open at dawn and close at dusk year round.

When is Pratt Pool open for business?

Answer: Pratt Pool is opened to the public on the following days: Thursday and Friday 12pm-5pm, Saturdays 10am-5pm and Sunday 1pm-5pm.  It will be open for water aerobics, swimming lessons and the swim team. If you have questions or concerns, please call Leisure Services at 361-3640.

Where can I obtain information and schedules for upcoming events?

The Leisure Services brochure is included in the Wednesday edition of the Prattville Progress at the beginning of each season and is delivered to each household within the city limits. The brochure is also available in the Leisure Services section and also at the bottom of each page of the website.

Special Events information is available in "Events" in the left column of our home page. They will also be listed on our calendar, in Upcoming Events in the right column of the home page, and in the Special Events Department page.

May I fish in Pratt Pond or Autauga Creek?

Yes, but you must be in compliance with the State fishing license law. You may purchase your fishing license at the Autauga County Probate Office at 176 West Fifth Street in Prattville.

Are there any cultural or educational classes available?

Several classes are available through the Cultural Arts Department. The schedule is available on the Classes page in the Cultural Arts section of this website.

Where can I find information about recreational activities for the family?

You may check the Calendar, Special Events, and also Leisure Services for this information.

When will I be able to purchase Way Off Broadway Theatre tickets online?

The Finance Department is currently working on a plan with our City Webmaster to put that in place. Currently, you may use your debit/credit card to purchase tickets in the Cultural Arts office at 203 West 4th Street. You may call (334) 358-0297 for more information.

Where is the Cultural Arts/Special Events office? What is the phone number?

This office is located at the corner of 4th and Court Streets, in downtown Prattville, across the street from the Autauga County Courthouse. There is a map of this location on the Directions page within the Cultural Arts section of this website. You may call them at (334) 358-0297.

Licenses, Permits

Do I have to come by the Finance Department in person to apply and/or renew a Business License?

Not necessarily, if you are renewing or are a new business outside our city limits and paying with a Visa or MasterCard, you can renew via the Finance department’s email  , fax 344-361-3608 or mail to City of Prattville P.O. Box 680190 Prattville, AL 36068. If you are a NEW business inside our city limits, you must come in person to the Finance department located in City Hall at 101 West Main Street Prattville, AL 36067. Should you have any questions please call 334-595-0155 or 334-595-0156.

How much is a Business License?

Depends on what type of work you are going to be doing. Generally, an initial business license is $75.00 + $12.00 Issuance fee, for a total of $87.00. However, if you are performing a one time job and not pulling a permit, your license will be based on the amount of that job. The City of Prattville operates in arrears upon renewals. When renewing, the license amount is based on the gross receipts of the previous year. 

When do I need to renew my Business License and what do I need to bring?

The City of Prattville issues business licenses on a Calendar year. License expires December 31st of each calendar year and we allow the entire month of January to renew with no penalties or interest. If you are outside our city limits and have no current work or jobs inside our jurisdiction, you do not have to renew your license until you have a job or receive work.

What do I need to bring with me to get a Business License?

A valid driver’s license, and/or photo ID. If inside our city limits, we will need our Planning and Zoning department to sign off on the location. Also, if you are applying for a license that requires State or State Board certifications, we will need a copy of that certification before issuance.

When do I need to apply for a Business License?

If you have a storefront, you need to obtain your business license after you receive your Certificate of Occupancy. If you are a contractor, subcontractor or performing any type work, trade or service for which you are being paid for, you need to obtain your business license before work or activity begins.

Do I need a permit to move a mobile home to a new location?

Yes. You may access the form here, complete it and submit it to the Planning Department at 102 West Main Street.

Does the City issue student work permits?

No. These may be obtained through the Autauga County Board of Education or at the high school where the student is enrolled.

How does an organization apply for a parade permit?

Contact the Captain of the Prattville Police Patrol Division for information at (334) 361-3656. You will be required to provide a route of the proposed parade, who is sponsoring it, and the anticipated date and time of the event. If it is approved by the Police Department, the request will then be submitted to the Mayor's Office for final approval.

Where do I get vehicle and boat tags?

The Autauga County Probate Office issues vehicle and boat tags. They also handle renewals. They are located at 176 West Fifth Street, Prattville, AL 36067. Their phone number is (334) 361-3728.

Where can I obtain or renew my Drivers License?

To get a drivers license, please contact the Examiners Office at (334) 361-3741. Renewals are handled at the Autauga County Probate Office at 176 West Fifth Street in Prattville. Their telephone number is (334) 361-3729.

Where do I obtain a gun permit?

You may obtain a gun permit at the Autauga County Sheriff’s Office. They are located at 162 West Fourth Street, Prattville, AL 36067.

Where can I obtain a Marriage License?

Marriage licenses can be obtained at the Autauga County Probate Office at 176 West Fifth Street in Prattville. Their telephone number is (334) 361-3728.

How do i set up a business account with the City? Is there a cost involved?

The business license application is located in the Finance Department section of this website. In order to get the fee for your business license, you may either come down to the Finance Department in City Hall at 101 West Main Street in downtown Prattville or you may contact them at (334) 361-3690 or (334) 361-3612.

Where do I get my driver’s license reinstated?

The Department of Public Safety handles driver's license reinstatements. They are located at 301 South Ripley Street in Montgomery. Their phone number is (334) 242-4400.

What rules govern a yard sale? Is there a charge?

A yard sale permit may be obtained in the Finance Office in City Hall at 101 West Main Street in downtown Prattville. The cost is $5. Only three permits within a calendar year shall be issued to the citizen and no such permit shall be issued for more than three consecutive calendar days.

It must be located at the residence unless it is a church or non-profit group, which are exempt. No signs may be placed on utility poles, trees, or rights-of-way. Members of more than one residence may join in requesting a permit, but only one permit shall be paid. Each household included in the permit shall be treated as having conducted a yard sale.

Public Safety

City Councilmembers

Where can I find names and terms of those serving on boards and committees?

Boards and Committees and their members are listed in the Government section of this website.

How may I obtain agendas and minutes for the City Council meetings?

Minutes are available here. You will find a video and the agenda of the most recent meeting here. Minutes from the previous meeting will not be online until they are approved by the City Council at their next meeting.

How may I contact my Councilmember?

Each Councilmember has his/her own page within the City Council Section of this website which contains all their contact information as well as their biography and district.

When does the City Council meet?

Regular sessions are held at City Hall on the first and third Tuesdays of the month at 6 p.m. All Council meetings are noted on the calendar and are also posted to Upcoming Events on the home page of this site.

How do I find my Council district?

There is a district map in the City Council section of this website which shows the districts and its corresponding councilmembers. City Councilmember's biographies and contact information are also provided in this section. If you are still unsure of the district in which you reside or which councilmember represents you, please contact the City Clerk's Office at (334) 595-0120.

City Elections, Voting Information

When do newly elected candidates take office?

The newly elected officials will take office on Monday, November 2, 2020.

When is the 2020 municipal election?

The Municipal Election will be held Tuesday, August 25, 2020. The Run-Off Election, if necessary, will be held Tuesday, October 6, 2020.

When can I qualify for the 2020 municipal election?

The qualification period begins Tuesday, July 7, 2020 during regular business hours in the City Clerk’s Office at City Hall. The qualification period ends on Tuesday, July 21, 2020 at 5:00 p.m.

When can I begin raising/spending campaign funds for the 2020 municipal election?

Candidates may begin raising/spending campaign funds on August 25, 2019.

How can I become a poll worker for City Elections?

Please contact the City Clerk’s Office at 334-595-0120 or 

To qualify as a poll worker, you must be a registered voter in the City of Prattville and attend a poll worker school.

How do I register to vote?

The Board of Registrars handles the registration of voters. The Autauga County Board of Registrars is located at 218 N. Court Street and their contact number is 334-358-6740. The Elmore County Board of Registrars is located at 100 E. Commerce Street, Suite 205, Wetumpka and their contact number is 334-567-1150.

You may also visit the alabamavotes.gov website for additional information.

How can I get information about County, State, or Federal elections?

Contact the Autauga County Board of Registrars at 334-358-6740. You may also use the www.alabamavotes.gov website.

How do I obtain information about City Elections?

For information concerning city elections, qualifying fees, council districts, etc., contact:

City Clerk’s Office

101 West Main Street

Prattville, AL 36067

(334) 595-0120