FAQs - Public Works

What type of construction or activity requires a permit from the City of Prattville?

In general, any alteration to a residential, commercial or industrial structure located in the City of Prattville or the three mile building jurisdiction, other than basic maintenance or painting, requires a permit issued by the Planning Department. As review processes and times, required inspections, and fees vary depending on the nature and complexity of the project, please contact the Planning Department at (334) 361-3613 for detailed information.